1. Dump all ingredients in food processor
Puree until smooth
2. Top with cheese and chives. Serve!
EASY BLACK BEAN DIP
Yields: 8-10 servings
This dip is super easy to make, takes minimal time to prepare, uses inexpensive ingredients, tastes amazing and saves for up to a week covered in the fridge! The perfect go-to for impromptu parties or snacking!
1 can (8 oz) black beans in sauce (do not drain)
¼ cup red onion, chopped
1 small can (7.76 oz) Mexican salsa (I use: La Costena brand)
2 Tb taco seasoning (like the one from Old El Paso)
1tsp garlic powder
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp red chili flakes
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp cayenne
salt & pepper, to taste
2 Tb chopped cilantro (optional)
2-3 dashes Cholula (or your favorite hot sauce)
Shredded cheddar cheese, to top (mozzarella is also really good)
1.5 Tb chives, sliced
Bag of Fritos or tortilla chips
• You can easily reheat the bowl if it runs low or goes cool:
Simply add more cheese to the top and nuke again.
• If you have more guests to feed, double or triple the recipe.
* Can be made VEGAN by omitting the cheese!